As a business owner, it can be quite intimidating to run your own campaign. A campaign can be used to generate more attendance for live events, engage more people with your brand, and boost sales and conversions on your membership site or online course site.
However, once you break down the campaign planning and management process, it becomes quite simple. In this article, we’ll take a look at how to plan your campaign, come up with a strategy, and how to execute it in five easy steps.
5 steps for campaign planning, strategy, and execution
Here, we’ll go over five steps that are essential for planning the campaign, building a strategy, and for executing your campaign.
#1. Consider your offerings
First things first, you want to consider what you’re offering in the campaign. Ideally, you want to provide valuable content to people in order to drive conversions and sales. Think about it:
What makes your campaign more exciting than others? What should the people who’re coming on board expect from the campaign?
After answering these questions, you’ll have a better idea of what to offer to people according to your business to encourage them to join your campaign.
If members find your content useful and it helps solve their problems or helps them learn something new, they will be ready to register for your campaign. As a result, you’ll have much more successful campaigns and, potentially, more conversions.
It’s also important to consider the type of campaign you want to offer members or your students. You can set up an email marketing campaign to keep people in your email list updated and engaged with your latest blog post or an upcoming online course. Similarly, if you’re looking to boost sales for your product or online course website, you can set up a sales campaign.
It’s also a great idea to use a campaign to promote new products. This helps you build a large “waiting” list of people ready to buy the product as soon as it releases. As a result, you’re likely to boost sales and generate more revenue for your business.
#2. Decide on a goal
One of the most important parts of planning your campaign is setting a solid timeline and a “goal”. This means that you need to specify how long the campaign will last and what the campaign will achieve. This helps maximize the effectiveness of your campaign without dragging it out too much. You don’t want to keep running the same campaign for the whole year. This way, members will eventually get “bored” of it and will start looking for better, new, and exciting content.
Deciding on a solid goal is also important for ending your campaign on time since you want to achieve the results that you were looking for. It also helps “steer” your campaign better as everyone on your team will know what to do. By knowing what needs to be achieved, you can boost the productivity and effectiveness of your marketing plan and strategy. Now, everyone will be working towards a common goal instead of everyone working in different directions.
You also need to decide on who your target audience is. This way, you can tailor the marketing experience for them. People are more likely to click ads or read blog posts if it matches their interests. So, targeting the right people is important for creating a better, more effective marketing strategy. This not only helps maximize the potential of your next campaign but also increases conversions.
#3. Plan your dates
Planning important dates is crucial for the success of your campaign. This way, you can let people know about upcoming events and plan things accordingly well before the actual event date or release date. This gives you a headstart when you start planning for events or important dates throughout the year.
You need to plan things like when live events are held when virtual conferences will be held, when meetings will be held, or when free bonus clips of content are to be released. This helps you set up and manage your campaign better. This also gives you an idea of the work you need to do before the actual event date. For instance, for your upcoming event in 3 weeks, you might need to collect registration details from all attendees. You can simply set up a date limit before the event for members to send you their information.
Planning your dates is also helpful for your team members as it helps keep them on track with the campaign’s goals and timelines. You can send the dates to all members. This way, they can keep track of all the upcoming events, webinars, or virtual conferences. This helps them clear out their schedule or plan their days around the event date so they don’t miss out on any live events or content. It’s a great way to boost attendance on your live events and helps maximize the potential of your next campaign.
#4. Generate traffic
One of the easiest ways to boost the effectiveness of your campaign is to drive traffic to your offerings. You need people to see your offerings before they can think about purchasing the online course or registering with you.
There are multiple ways to generate traffic for your campaigns, let’s take a look at a few of them:
- Blogs. Blogs are a simple way of driving more traffic to your website or your next event. You can attract the attention of many readers by writing quality content for your blog posts. You can then link your upcoming event or your online course in blog posts. This way, people who are interested in your content but don’t know how to subscribe will have an easier time finding what they need. As a result, this boosts engagement on your website and helps attract new attendees or members.
- Social media. Social media platforms offer great tools and effective ways for you to attract people to your content. If you already have a social media following, you can use your social media outlet to promote your upcoming event. Since most people use social media in their day-to-day lives, it’s much easier to attract all types of people to your campaign. It also helps you reach out to people who only use social media to interact with communities or brands. This way, you not only generate more traffic but boost the effectiveness of your campaign.
- Email marketing. Email marketing is also a great way to generate more traffic for your campaigns. People in your email list are already people who’ve registered to be notified of any new content updates. Since these people are already interested in your content, it can be a simple and effective way to generate more traffic for your campaign.
- Paid ads. Paid ads also work great for generating traffic to your campaign. You can set up paid ads on your website or any high-traffic website to tap into their audience. It helps you reach out to more people and generate more traffic to your campaign.
#5. Execute your campaign
It all comes down to this phrase: executing your campaign. Now after planning and creating a solid strategy, you need to start thinking about executing it on a daily basis. On average, most campaigns run for around 30 to 90 days maximum. So, you need to mentally prepare yourself to do everything consistently for up to 90 days and reach your goal.
During the campaign, you need to keep in check all the important metrics you decided on first. This includes your budget, your goals and aims, and the timelines for all important dates and events. This helps you make sure everything is going according to your plan and it’s not harming your business or budget in any way.
Once the campaign is over, you can take a look at the results and determine what worked the best and what needs to be improved upon. You may want to take a look at the total views as it is a basic indicator of how effective the campaign was. You should also consider how many new leads have you generated. This is a great way for you to tap into the market and attract the attention of many new prospective customers. And finally, you should take a look at the total submissions from people. This gives you a sense of what the people who are interested in your content are like. It can be used to enhance your next marketing strategy and boost the effectiveness of your next campaign.
Once you’re familiar with how to plan, strategize, and execute your campaign, it can help you create more successful campaigns and increase conversions for your brand. Here are a few tips you should keep in mind when planning to run a campaign:
- Decide on a mutual goal and consider your offerings. You want to provide value to customers to attract them to your brand. A mutual goal helps keep all team members in line with the final result. This is great for boosting the efficiency of your next campaign.
- Set crucial timelines and plan your dates accordingly. This lets your staff members know what they have to do by the end of the campaign. It also helps members stay up to date with upcoming events and news.
- Go over the results of your campaign after it ends as it’s one of the best ways to improve your business growth.
Do you know of any other ways for campaign planning, strategy, and executing? Let us know in the comments box below.