While you may already have heard of popular online course platforms such as Kajabi or Kartra, New Zenler is one of the newer options out there that actually competes with big-name online course platforms.
However, it’s important to look at other alternatives that provide better or similar features so that you can find the perfect solution for your brand.
In this article, we’ll dive deeper into some of the reasons why you might want to switch to a New Zenler alternative and compare the solution with competitors in detail.
New Zenler Alternatives: Overview
Before we jump into some of the major reasons why you might want to switch to a different online course platform, it’s important to first understand what New Zenler is and what it brings to the table.
New Zenler is an all-in-one course creation, promotion, and publishing solution for all types of businesses.
It features powerful tools out of the box that let you create online courses, build effective marketing funnels, run email automation campaigns, design the page of your site, create a community or host live sessions for your community.
The best part is that you can easily use all of these powerful tools from a central place, without needing to install multiple plugins. As a result, it can help improve the performance of your website as well as offer an enhanced learning experience.
Let’s talk about some of the main reasons why you might want to look for other alternatives:
Reason #1: You have a WordPress site
If you have a WordPress site, there’s a high chance you will want to look for other New Zenler alternatives due to a lack of customizability and control over the overall design. This is because New Zenler is a separate platform and not a WordPress plugin. This means that you cannot make it work with your existing WordPress site or change the way your content is showcased and delivered to your audience. In addition to this, site migrations are also very difficult if all of your content is published through a platform and not through your own website.
Reason #2: You need more advanced online course features
While New Zenler is a full-fledged online course platform with most LMS features you would need, they can sometimes still be limiting. For instance, New Zenler doesn’t let you unlock new content based on quiz results. Similarly, you cannot offer students additional learning material based on their quiz results. In addition to this, looking at New Zenler’s course certification features, you will also find that it lacks advanced functionality. This is because it doesn’t give you the option to track progress to see if your users have completed the required tasks or not.
Reason #3: You want to create a membership website
Another big feature New Zenler lacks is membership functionality. While it’s possible to create a membership site using drip-content campaigns, it’s not the ideal solution for offering memberships, especially if you’re looking to grow your membership website. This also puts out a bad first impression for a new member as you’re offering a “make-shift” membership experience, even after paying a hefty amount for the platform.
Reason #4: You want to offer PayPal payments
One of the major flaws of New Zenler is that it doesn’t integrate with one of the most widely used and popular payment processors: PayPal. This can be a huge bottleneck for your business as you won’t be able to accept any subscription payments via PayPal. As a result, it can discourage people from subscribing to your membership program or from purchasing an online course from your website. However, you can still offer your audience the option to pay via Stripe.
Reason #5: You use third-party services such as ActiveCampaign or Infusionsoft
If you use popular CRM programs such as ActiveCampaign or Infusionsoft, New Zenler isn’t the best option for you. This is because it has no integrations for these CRMs so you’ll have to use a third-party connection tool. As a result, it can cause more complications and doesn’t let you unleash the full potential of your CRM.
Reason #6: You want to offer custom-designed content
Perhaps one of the most definite reasons for switching to a New Zenler alternative is the limited control you get over the design of your online courses. While you can add your logo and use custom text colors and fonts, you still don’t have the functionality to fully personalize your website. In addition to this, you’re also limited by the default template that New Zenler offers for creating new online courses. This prevents you from offering a unique learning experience to your audience.
Comparing New Zenler to competitors
Here we’ll compare some of the main New Zenler competitors and see how well they rank against each other so that it makes it easier for you to decide on the right option for your brand.
New Zenler vs AccessAlly
- Membership features. New Zenler lets you create a membership “experience” by using content drip settings but this isn’t good enough, especially if you’re looking to run a full-fledged membership website. On the other hand, AccessAlly comes built-in with the Offerings Wizard which essentially lets you create any type of offering including online courses, membership sites, affiliate centers, or digital downloads directly, and sell them directly from your WooCommerce site.
- Online course functionality. New Zenler shines in the online course functionality department as it offers you all the basic tools needed to create an online course easily. However, you’re still limited to advanced customization features to offer a personalized and unique learning experience. As a result, you end up with default-looking online courses that aren’t much different from other competitors. But if you’re looking for more advanced course creation features, AccessAlly is your best bet. You will have better control over how your content pages look and more customizability for creating unique online courses that stand out.
- Payment systems. With New Zenler, you have access to a great payment system but it doesn’t fully support the popular payment system PayPal out of the box. You can only accept subscriptions through Stripe and doesn’t give you the option to accept them with PayPal. On the other hand, AccessAlly offers you full control over your payments, lets you create customized payment plans, and lets customers pay using both platforms: PayPal and Stripe.
- You can get started with New Zenler for $67 per month for the Pro package and you can subscribe to AccessAlly’s starting package AccessAlly Essentials for $99 per month.
New Zenler vs Kajabi
- Membership features. Both Kajabi and New Zenler are all-in-ones online course platforms. This means that they have limited built-in functionality for creating and running a membership site.
- Online course functionality. While both platforms offer everything you need to create online courses, promote, and sell them, Kajabi is the better option as it lets you offer a customizable online course experience to your audience. For instance, you can select different themes for each online course you create and add personalization touches as desired. This helps you create more engaging, and unique online courses that stand out.
- Payment systems. As mentioned earlier, New Zenler doesn’t let you accept subscriptions payments via PayPal. On the other hand, Kajabi seamlessly and perfectly integrates with both Stripe and PayPal. The best part is that it only takes a few steps to successfully set up both payment processors on your Kajabi-powered site.
- New Zenler pricing starts at $67 per month for the Pro package which is a budget-friendly option. Kajabi has a higher entry price of $119 per month for the Kajabi Basic package.
New Zenler vs Podia
- Membership features. While New Zenler lets you offer a membership-styled online course, it doesn’t have complete functionality to create a membership site. Podia on the other hand offers extensive community and membership features that are useful if you’re looking to create and run a professional membership website.
- Online course functionality. New Zenler has all the online course features but they aren’t fully polished. This essentially means that while you can create an online course easily, it will look generic and like most others available on the internet. This is why you need an online course platform such as Podia that lets you create and customize the experience of your online courses as desired.
- Payment systems. Both plugins support popular payment systems such as PayPal or Stripe but New Zenler doesn’t have built-in support for accepting subscription payments via PayPal.
- You can subscribe to New Zenler’s Pro package for $67 per month while Podia’s starting price is only $39 per month for the Mover package.
With a better understanding of how New Zenler ranks with other competitors available, hopefully, now you’re in a much better position to decide on the right option for your brand.
When comparing New Zenler with other competitors such as Podia, Kajabi, Or AccessAlly, it’s important to consider the membership features, the online course functionality, the payment systems, and the pricing of each option before pulling the trigger on one.
Also, be sure to check out the Best Membership Platforms in 2022 for even more New Zenler alternatives.
Do you know of any other New Zenler alternatives that rank well against the robust all-in-one online course solution? Let us know in the comments box below.