One way to build a solid web presence and connect with viewers is through live video streaming. The Facebook Live platform allows you to communicate with your followers, build your brand, and grow your audience.
Knowing what features to look for when it comes to Facebook Live streaming software will help you settle on the right solution for your specific needs. You’ll need to consider factors like operating system compatibility, resolution, built-in effects, bandwidth, storage requirements, and (in some cases) your budget.
With this in mind, in this post, we’ll look at some of the best Facebook Live streaming software for Mac and PC for 2019.
#1: OBS Studio
Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) Studio is open source software that is popular among streamers. It enables you to share screencasts which makes it an ideal tool if you’re looking to create demos or presentations on Facebook Live.
However, it’s worth noting that OBS Studio’s learning curve is a bit steep. That said, if you’re ready to explore and learn, you’ll really benefit from this powerful video streaming tool.
- It offers advanced features like multi-streaming, guest hosting, and virtual sets.
- You can do image masking and correction using filters.
- It lets you add custom transitions between different scenes.
- Its audio mixer offers features like noise suppression, noise gate, and gain.
Compatible with: OBS Studio runs on both Windows and MacOS.
XSplit is a high-performance streaming and recording software that can help you create and deliver visually-rich content. It is available in two versions: XSplit Broadcaster and XSplit Gamecaster.
The latter is designed specifically to address the needs of live game streaming. XSplit Broadcaster is aimed at experienced streamers and can be confusing for first-time users because of its complicated interface.
- It offers recording formats only as MP4 and FLV.
- Offers excellent customer support.
- You’ll be able to record and stream in 4K and beyond.
- It comes with pre-built transition styles and custom transitions.
Compatible with: Only works on Windows. No MacOS version available.
#3: Streamlabs OBS
Streamlabs OBS is another widely-used software that’s built on the same design as OBS Studio. It lets you stream and record your videos, monetize them, and engage with your audience.
It’s an advanced software that is quick and easy to set up. You’ll be able to stream your broadcasts on YouTube, Mixer, Twitch, and Facebook Live.
- Boost viewer-engagement using with random pre-selected face masks and audio filters.
- Set up and test widgets in the same window.
- Save monitor and CPU resources by packing several features such as video, preview, video editor, stream labels, and chat into one app.
Compatible with: Only compatible with Windows. No MacOS compatibility.
Wirecast is an easy to use platform for creating and streaming professional-style videos. It lets you transform your desktop (or laptop) into a TV studio and is an ideal solution if you’re looking to broadcast live streams, sports programs, webinars and learning, or training videos.
You’ll be able to add 3D animation titles to your videos, create virtual 3D sets, and live scoreboards – needless to stay it’s built for producing professional content.
- Its built-in stock media library of images, videos, and music lets you create engaging video content.
- You can stream content from multiple sources including cameras, webcams, microphones, and screen capture.
- It lets you stream to more than one destination platform including YouTube, Twitch, Vimeo Live, and Facebook Live.
- It offers more than 100 pre-built graphics and titles.
Compatible with: Wirecast is compatible with both Windows and MacOS.
Price: Wirecast One is available for $249 with one year of basic support. (30-day free trial version is also available.)
Lightstream Studio is lightweight yet powerful video streaming software that’s the ideal Facebook Live streaming solution for anyone who’s looking for something simple and easy to get started with. It helps you save on your computer’s resources by handling the encoding on a cloud-based server.
In addition to this, it will scan your machine to identify the best possible settings and even adjust the bitrate automatically. Lightstream Studio lets you stream directly from your web browser.
- It’s easy-to-use.
- Setup is quick since you don’t need to download any software to start streaming.
- It supports live streaming for YouTube, Twitch, Facebook Live, and Mixer.
- You’ll be able to control your live streams using a smartphone or tablet.
Compatible with: Both Windows and MacOS.
vMix is high-performance live streaming software that’s primarily used by professionals to create videos in high-definition or even 4K. It’s a perfect solution for anyone who’s looking to live stream music concerts, conferences, sports shows, or even small webinars and webcasts.
You’ll also be able to publish live streams directly to the internet. Plus, you can edit your videos, add transition effects, or invite guests to your live productions without needing to integrate with third-party tools.
- You’ll be able to stream, record, and publish your live broadcasts at the same time.
- It offers 13 different transition effects including fade, cut, wipe, zoom and merge.
- You don’t need to have a high-end PC to create professional HD live streams..
- Its built-in audio mixer allows you to easily monitor and control all your audio sources.
Compatible with: Only Windows; no MacOS compatibility.
Price: Basic version costs $80. Free version available.
Nvidia Shadowplay is another popular live stream recording and capturing software that is built especially to meet the requirements of game streamers. You’ll be able to create and share high-definition gameplay videos and screengrabs with your viewers.
It lets you quickly share high-quality broadcasts to YouTube Live, Facebook Live, and Twitch. Additionally, you can personalize your livestreams using camera and custom graphic overlays. However, you’ll need a GeForce graphics card to use this software.
- It lets you instantly replay, record, and save the last 30 seconds of gameplay to your hard drive by hitting a hotkey. You can also choose to publish it directly to YouTube or Facebook.
- Easily capture GIFs from your Shadowplay videos or take screenshots at up to 4K resolution.
- You’ll be able to automatically capture best gaming moments (including clutch moves) and automatically share them with your friends.
Compatible with: Windows operating system. No MacOS compatibility.
Price: Free (comes bundled with Nvidia drivers).
Castr is live streaming software that lets you broadcast your videos to YouTube, Twitch, Facebook Live, and other platforms simultaneously. It’s an ideal broadcasting platform for news and sports shows, educational and training videos, and other events.
Live streaming your video to multiple platforms allows you to target a larger audience and grow your following and brand. Plus, you’ll be able to save on storage resources by using the cloud for storing video streams.
- It’s intuitive and easy to use.
- You’ll be able to partner with other streamers and collaborate on projects.
- It lets you monitor viewers during live streaming and engage with them using the chat tool.
- You can stream content directly from your phone using Castr’s Android and iOS apps.
Compatible with: Works with both Windows and MacOS.
Price: Broadcast version costs $9.99/ month.
BeLive is Facebook-only live streaming software that lets you conduct interviews, talk shows, and Q&A sessions with your audience. It lets you display customized banners on video content which can be used to show discussion topics, quiz choices, and audience questions.
Based on your format, you’ll be able to show two or four persons on a single screen. In addition to this, you also have the option to host your Facebook Live stream solo.
- It runs on both desktop and mobile devices.
- You can stay organized using its agenda and crawler feature to highlight your live stream topics.
- It lets you import photos directly from your Facebook album into your live broadcast.
- You’ll be able to display viewer comments on the screen in real-time.
Compatible with: Compatible with Windows operating system.
Price: Lite version available for $20/ month.
Ultimately, the Facebook Live stream software you should go with depends on your specific needs. Whether you’re looking for a way to have discussions with viewers, share gameplays with friends, or collaborate with other live streamers to promote your business, the right live stream software can help you get started with a step in the right direction.
- If you’re looking for free Facebook Live streaming software that lets you stream to multiple platforms simultaneously and utilize virtual sets to create a TV studio-like environment, we’d recommend going with OBS Studio.
- However, if you intend on featuring multiple people in your Facebook Live streams then consider going with BeLive. You’ll be able to display personalized questions on the screen to engage viewers and show multiple people in the live stream
We shared some of the best Facebook Live streaming software and discussed their standout features. Hopefully, you’re in a good position now to make an informed decision.
What features do you look for in Facebook Live streaming software? Let us know by commenting below.